Rock-Mite Update #4

Its finished!

It turns out connecting the connector kit on the PCB was just as much work as putting the components on.  It took around 3 hours.

It seemed fairly straight forward, the only issue I had was where to attach the GND to from the power supply socket, but I think I worked that one out – I’m just waiting to hear back from the supplier to see if I was correct or not.  Also the gain control stuck out about 15mm too much which mean the control was too far away from the case.  I fixed that with a hack saw 🙂

I’ve ordered a PSU to test it, so maybe in a few weeks I will be able to hear world-wide, or at least Europe-wide CW transmissions!  I think I’m going to have to start putting some real effort into CW training now…

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditmail

Leave a Reply